LION AND THE MOUSE
Regular price $20.00
- This New York Times bestselling and award-winning fable of compassion and kindness, as reimagined by legendary artist Jerry Pinkney, is an essential addition to any bookshelf of children’s classics
- In award-winning artist Jerry Pinkney's wordless adaptation of one of Aesop's most beloved fables, an unlikely pair learn that no act of kindness is ever wasted.
- After a ferocious lion spares a cowering mouse that he'd planned to eat, the mouse later comes to his rescue, freeing him from a poacher's trap.
- With vivid depictions of the landscape of the African Serengeti and expressively-drawn characters, Pinkney makes this a truly special retelling, and his stunning pictures speak volumes.
- Winner of Caldecott Medal for 2010
- This wordless book retells the classic Aesop’s fable, but with an African setting
- A mouse accidentally disturbs the quiet of a lion and expects to get eaten, but is released unharmed by the lion
- The mouse remembers this great kindness and later repays the lion by chewing through ropes that have made the lion a prisoner