MERRYTHOUGHT EDWARD - CHRISTOPHER ROBIN'S TEDDY BEAR
Merrythought's heritage is something we are immensely proud of, and the original factory in Ironbridge, Shropshire, remains Merrythought’s home to this day; a magical place where each teddy bear is brought to life by hand using the finest materials and traditional craftsmanship that has been handed down the four generations of the company.
Edward is a beautiful replica of the teddy bear who famously inspired AA Milne's Winnie the Pooh stories. Originally created by Farnell in 1921, Edward was brought to life again by Merrythought as the star of major feature film 'Goodbye Christopher Robin'.
Purchased from Harrods by Daphne Milne for the first birthday of her son, Christopher Robin, 'Edward' bear and his owner formed a unique bond and became the best of friends. However, following a trip to London Zoo the young boy later renamed his bear after the resident black bear 'Winnepeg' or Winnie for short. Christopher's father, AA Milne, was enamored by the wonderful partnership he witnessed between a boy and his bear, and decided to pen stories about their eventful journey through life together.
- Hand-crafted in England using the same traditional skills and materials as Christopher Robin's original Edward bear, this handsome chap features a rich, antique golden mohair coat and peachy-beige pure woollen felt paws.
- His deep amber eyes show a longing to be loved, which together with a hand-embroidered nose and endearing smile, give him a quintessential charm that can only be found in a teddy bear of such timeless design and heritage.
- True to the original, the 18" sized Edward also 'growls' when tipped.
- Created by Merrythought as a Special Edition, each Edward bear is individually numbered and the 11" and 18" bears are presented in a unique 'Farnell by Merrythought' cloth gift bag
- Please remove all tags and accessories before giving to a child
Material: Mohair, 100% Wool felt, Cotton thread, and Bean Filled
- Light surface clean only
- Suitable for children over 36 months