HERSHEL AND THE HANUKKAH GOBLINS 25TH ANNIVERSARY ED
Regular price $20.00
- The classic Hanukkah tale, shared by families all around the world-- now available in a beautiful anniversary edition.
- A Caldecott Honor book.
An original tale featuring a traditional Jewish folk hero, this clever story, which received a Sydney Taylor Honor, has been a family favorite for decades.
- On the first night of Hanukkah, a weary traveler named Hershel of Ostropol eagerly approaches a village, where plenty of latkes and merriment should warm him.
- But when he arrives not a single candle is lit.
- A band of frightful goblins has taken over the synagogue, and the villagers cannot celebrate at all!
- Hershel vows to help them.
- Using his wits, the clever trickster faces down one goblin after the next, night after night.
But can one man alone save Hanukkah and live to tell the tale?
Trina Schart Hyman’s leering goblins are equal parts terrifying and ridiculous as they match wits with Hershel, trying to keep him from lighting the menorah and celebrating Hanukkah.
- This beautiful 25th Anniversary Edition includes an insightful afterword from the author and publisher explaining the book's origins, and remembering Trina Schart Hyman, the illustrator who brought the tale to life.
This classic picture book is a perfect Hanukkah gift and a wonderful read-aloud.
- For more tales of this clever folk hero, read The Adventures of Hershel of Ostropol— another collaboration between master storyteller Eric A. Kimmel and Trina Schart Hyman.