WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE
Regular price $20.00
- Maurice Sendak's Caldecott Medal-winning picture book has become one of the most highly acclaimed and best-loved children's books of all time.
- A must for every child's bookshelf.
- This iconic story has inspired a movie, an opera, and the imagination of generations.
- When Max dresses in his wolf suit and causes havoc in the house, his mother sends him to bed. From there, Max sets sail to an island inhabited by the Wild Things, who name him king and share a wild rumpus with him. But then from far away across the world, Max smells good things to eat...
- Let the wild rumpus continue as this classic comes to life like never before with new reproductions of Maurice Sendak's artwork. Astonishing state-of-the-art technology faithfully captures the color and detail of the original illustrations. Sendak himself enthusiastically endorsed this impressive new interpretation of his art.
- Mary Pols of Time magazine wrote that "what makes Sendak's book so compelling is its grounding effect: Max has a tantrum and in a flight of fancy visits his wild side, but he is pulled back by a belief in parental love to a supper 'still hot."
- Generations have shared this beautiful picture book, and children of all ages will want to return to it again and again.
- New York Public Library's #4 book on the list of "Top Check Outs of All Time"
- One of the National Education Association's "Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children"
- The top picture book in School Library Journal's survey of its readers